By Java and Dune

Monday, January 31, 2011

The Healthy Hut

595 Corey Avenue, St. Pete Beach, FL. Tel. 727-363-4488

What do you think about beer and wine in a healthfood store?
Let's see...healthy alcohol? Could that be considered an 'oximoron'?
I think so.
Anyway, I was over on the beach yesterday getting some sea air and decided to drop by the Healthy Hut to buy some ginger, the candied kind. Of course, I should have headed straight for the register but didn't. Silly me. Anyway, you know how it is when you're in a food store and it's almost dinner time, you're hungry but you don't really know it. So by the time I'd finished strolling around I was $18 lighter. My mistake was walking to the rear of the store where the prepared foods and cafe are located. If you haven't experienced the Hut and like to eat (doesn't everybody) the store is a short stroll or shorter ride on Corey west of the Beach Theatre. It's a good place to drop in for a healthy breakfast, lunch or dinner. The food is tasty and more than that, interesting.
What did $18 buy? A very small container of tabouli, a Napoleon (yum), a
3"x 3" square of vegetable lasagna for $6.87 and some ginger. That's it.
Out of my mind? Well, it was fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment