By Java and Dune

Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Munch's Restaurant

3920 6th Street South St. Petersburg, FL 33705
Tel 727-896-5972

Munch's Restaurant has been around since 1952 and they've certainly perfected the "diner" experience. I was there on Sunday morning, along with many other people looking for a hearty breakfast. The interior is clean, well kept and takes you back to the fifties with its counter and booth service. The service is fast and friendly, so you won't have to wait long for these homemade dishes. You could sense that most of the people happily waiting for their order were on a return visit. I chose the Gulfport SOS which turned out to be a delicious mountain of toast, cheese grits, ham and eggs. They served it with a little parmesan cheese on the side, which added some tang. I don't usually like white toast, but the heat caramelized the ingredients into a irresistible combination. My friend ate every bite of his Field Hash (I had a smidge), a perfectly seasoned combination of pork sausage, onions, peppers, and spiced potatoes. Munch's is unique in their ability to improve upon classic fare. Breakfast entree prices were mostly under $7 and there was plenty to fill up on. I'll be back to indulge in the Munch Burger, their Fried Chicken and the Fried Green Tomatoes. I'll let you know how that goes.

Munch's Sundries on Urbanspoon

1 comment: