By Java and Dune

Monday, October 4, 2010

Kahwa Espresso Bar

475 2nd St. N., St. Petersburg, FL 33701
Tel: 727-823-4700

Kahwa coffee kept coming up in coversation as I was going about my daily business. Friends were asking, "have you tried Kahwa coffee yet?" Well, I had to admit, I hadn't. I was stuck in a name brand coffee rut and needed a change. One day I decided to break the cycle and met up with Java at the Kahwa Espresso Bar to find out what all the buzz was about. From first sip, this coffee was a strong competitor for becoming my new favorite. It has a balanced flavor that falls into a mid-range that I deem, not to strong and not too weak. The Kahwa folks know how to roast it and they know how to brew it. I chose an almond croissant to accompany the coffee and it made a tasty breakfast. The decor of this Kahwa location has an urban chic feel with lots of texture and organic touches. It feels like a place to be seen, especially if you choose an outdoor spot perched on the edge of 5th Avenue. An eclectic crowd starts gathering at 7 am on weekdays, 7:30 am on weekends, hanging out until 6:30 pm. As for the cost of this experience, this nosh in the city won't break your wallet with prices for coffee drinks ranging from $1.60 to $3.70. If you've tried it, let me know what you think.
The Buzz: Spotted the owner of Studio @ 620 chatting with friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment