By Java and Dune

Saturday, December 11, 2010

Thirsty Marlin

351 West Bay Drive, Largo, FL 33770
Tel: 727-586-3474

I went to a holiday gathering at the Thirsty Marlin last night and was very pleased with the food, atmosphere, and staff. The interior of the restaurant is clean and decorated in a tropical theme that is fun but not overdone. The staff was very friendly and for our group of 30, management supplied plenty of help. The menu is part Florida seafood and part Caribbean flair. I ordered the Jambalaya which was full of  shrimp, jerk chicken, Andouille sausage, roasted red peppers and yellow rice with a light sauce. The menu said it is a true Marlin original, “brought back from Romora Bay Club in the West Indies.” It wasn't spicy or typical Lousiana fare if that's what you're used to, but it was a tasty meal. It was definitely more on the Caribbean side of the flavor spectrum. There is a full menu of appetizers, specialty drinks, burgers, saldads, sandwiches and entrees. Something for everyone and comfortable seating for whatever size group. I sampled their salad on another occasion and found the greens fresh and plentiful. Desserts are available and tasty too. I had the Heath Bar Pie which was a nice topper for my entree choice. I visited the Largo location, but there is also the original location in Palm Harbor. Hours are 11:30 am - 12:00 am.  Their online ordering system is convenient, user friendly and unique among the many restaurant web sites I have visited. Locals tell me to look for the nightly specials and to try the grouper nuggets. Next time, I will do so.

No comments:

Post a Comment