By Java and Dune

Monday, December 6, 2010

Harvey's 4th Street Grill

3121 4th Street. North, St. Petersburg, FL. Tel. 727-821-6516

Harvey's is one of those old neighborhood hangouts that has become an icon. A family restaurant/bar that's on every local's radar but definitely not the place to go if you're dieting. The menu has too many very tempting high carb dishes to choose from. On the other hand if you're looking for a homey environment, this is a fun place. Did I mention the long saloon style bar and what they call the 'Full Moon Party'? It's an evening that features Maine lobster and entertainment. I haven't experienced it but I know people who have and they've told me it's a blast.
Their specialties are grouper, shell fish and fresh steak from Iowa which, they claim, is never frozen. I've always kept my orders simple and have tried their salads and burgers, all very fresh and ranging in cost from $6 to $8. To be honest, to me thishas a diner-like feel to it with Platters, a Kid's Menu and desserts like Mud and Key Lime Pies and Cheesecake. Entrees come with garlic bread, cole slaw, etc. Prices range between $8 and $17. There's even an inexpensive Late Night Menu. Their ambience is a little different from the other places we've written about so maybe try their Sunday brunch, it looks like family fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment