By Java and Dune

Thursday, December 30, 2010

Banyan Coffee & Tea Co

689 9th St N, St Petersburg, FL 33701
Tel: 727-896-7100

I had the opportunity to visit the Banyan Coffee & Tea Co again, this time for lunch. I went with the family and everyone got somehting different. I had the Grilled Goat Cheese which I loved. The cheese isn't a solo act in this concoction, allowing some tasty accompaniments with, scallion, dates, bacon and a delicious balsamic drizzle. The classic BLT is served with a wasabi mayo that my 10 year old loved, plain is availalble. The pork sandwich my husband tried was flavorful and tendor. Definitely a filling meal with a bowl of soup. Banyan's soups are inventive and excellent comfort food. The day we were there, a ginger carrot soup was served that had everyone complimenting it. Our meals were served with a side of old fashioned macaroni and cheese. This is a great spot for breakfast or lunch and a nice crowd of friends is always in attendance. Between $8 and $9 for a sandwich. Soup and Sandwich combos available. You owe it to yourself to pop into this place, it will put a smile on your face.

No comments:

Post a Comment