By Java and Dune

Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Skyway Jacks

2600 34th St S, St Petersburg, FL 33711
Tel: 727-866-3217

I couldn't find a website for Skyway Jacks, a well known St. Petersburg eatery, but I found plenty of satisfied customers that wanted to talk about their culinary experiences at some other web locations. I hadn't been to this venerable spot for many years, but walked into the cash only dining room with high hopes for a great breakfast. I wasn't disappointed with my choice of asparagus and tomato omelette, home fries and wheat toast. There was apple butter and marmalade on the table which gave the meal even more homemade flair. My husband went with the ham hash, a salty, delicious mixture of pork and potatoes. The potatoes in the home fries were red bliss, which were an addictive taste and texture experience. The eggs were cooked perfectly, and the asparagus still had a crispy freshness to it. The decor is eclectic and probably not to everyone's taste with a predominent theme of "pigs." Prices ranging from $3 to $10, so I couldn't care less about the porky motif. This is a classic breakfast spot that everyone should try, but be prepared to wait for a table on the weekends. The wait staff is friendly and regulars are treated like family.

No comments:

Post a Comment