By Java and Dune

Thursday, December 2, 2010

Frenchy's Rockaway Grill

7 Rockaway Street, Clearwater Beach, FL
Tel: 727-446-4844

Having grown up in St. Petersburg, I always thought the Hurricane was the best place to eat a grouper sandwich. A recent trip to Clearwater Beach with a friend, who guaranteed my satisfaction, changed my mind completely. Frenchy's Rockaway Grill is perched directly on the beach, making a fantastic view for diners. I did a little asking around before the trek out there and heard more than once that I should order the She Crab Soup and either the grouper bites or the grouper sandwich. The soup was beyond my expectations and if I make it out there again will definitely be my first course. An appetizer not to be missed are the conch fritters. Crispy on the outside, tender on the inside and just a slight bite from something spicy in the mix. The grouper is available a myriad of ways. The one I tasted had delicious caribbean spices and was cooked to perfection. My side salad was fresh and dressed well. The atmosphere is as you would expect it to be with a casual, with a fun and flirty flair. We got there early and were seated right away, but by the time we left the lunch crowd was waiting in a winding line outside the door. Prices were reasonable for a seafood joint, starting around $5 and ending at $21. Now I feel like going out to Pass a Grille Beach for a comparison taste test.

No comments:

Post a Comment