By Java and Dune

Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Savannah's Cafe

1113 Central Avenue, St. Petersburg, FL 33705
Tel: 727-388-4371

I met my friend Crystal for a birthday treat at Savannah's Cafe this week. It's one of those places I keep hearing about, in a good way of course, so I've been wanting to try it. The interior is painted a deep golden yellow, which makes you feel welcome the minute you walk in. The staff is friendly too. There is outdoor seating if you are in the mood, perfect for people watching on Central Avenue. The vintage space was lovingly brought back from its 1930's roots.
Art work depicting scenes of the low country adorn the walls. Savannah's more that captures the flavors and hospitality typically associated with Southern cooking. We were there for Saturday brunch so we had an abbreviated menu to choose from, but I still had trouble deciding what to eat. Many of the dishes included one of those rare treats that I love, tasso ham. A peppery cajun style bit of pork that adds salty goodness to sauces and other dishes. I indulged in the Low County Omelet that combined eggs with crab, onions, goat cheese and a delectable tasso cream sauce. My friend had the build your own omelet and the brioche toast. I was coveting the toast because I was going low carb with a side of bacon. Thinking about going back for Shrimp and Grits or the Seafood Jambalaya at dinner time. Brunch and lunch prices are below $10. Dinner prices range from $10 to $20.

No comments:

Post a Comment