By Java and Dune

Friday, November 19, 2010

Papa Angelo's Ristorante & Pizzeria

536 1st Avenue North, St. Petersburg, FL 33701
Tel: 727-623-9018

My husband suggested this new pizza place he found in downtown St. Petersburg for dinner recently. He's been working near there, popped into Papa Angelo's for lunch and fell for the stromboli. I was game to try something new in the pizza arena and since our family is anti-chain when it comes to Italian pie, it seemed like a great idea for a Friday night. Not to mention, it was close by and he was willing to go get it. We ordered a sausage pizza and a spinach/cheese calzone. The toppings were good qualtiy, fresh and delicious. My husband and I disagreed over the crust though, I thought it was too oily, he thought it was perfect. Much like red sauce, each person has there own tastes when it comes to crust. Overall, I was pleased to try this see this new pizzeria's menu that hovers at a price point of $5 to $14.

No comments:

Post a Comment