By Java and Dune

Thursday, November 4, 2010

Cafe Alma

260 1st Avenue South, #100 St. Petersburg, FL 33701
Tel: 727-502-5002

From their famous Bloody Mary Bar to their sumptuous omelettes, Cafe Alma is a great place to meet friends for a weekend brunch. I loved the Blackstone, a type of Eggs Benedict that starts with a baguette and is topped with applewood smoked bacon, tomatoes, poached eggs and hollandaise. "Delicious" is all I could proclaim in between bites. This meal is accompanied by fruit and sets you back $11. The salads are a refreshing change from most carb load brunches and the Hummus Platter ($9) is a great thing to share with a group. Entrees and sandwiches are available too. The setting, with its exposed brick and ductwork has an urban feel. It was one of the first downtown restaurants to pique my curiosity and my discovery of Cafe Alma enabled me to see some potential in the Burg. I've had dinner here too and found the low lit atmosphere and tucked away tables for two to be very intimate. Check the web site for some really good daily specials.

No comments:

Post a Comment