By Java and Dune

Monday, February 28, 2011

Marchand's Bar and Grill

501 5th Ave. NE, St. Petersburg, FL Tel. 727-824-8072

Enjoy what the wealthy enjoy when they visit your hometown St. Petersburg.
Currently, the Vinoy Renaissance Resort is celebrating the opening year of the original Vinoy Park Hotel in 1925 with a 3 course dinner for only, you guessed it, $19.25. every evening from 5-6:30pm.
The Classic Dining Menu offers a choice between two starters, two entrees and two desserts every evening from 5pm to 6:30pm. Good eating and we ordered a bottle of a nice chardonnay at $30. Split 4 ways, it was a little cheaper than by the glass.
The service, however, was lacking. I'd best begin at the beginning......our party of 4 arrived at 6PM, one of the first to be seated. No waiting. We were swiftly shown to a table in what I considered to be Siberia. We were quickly moved to a table in the main area, much more lively and the AC was eventually turned up. Arriving early we thought there'd be plenty of time for us to catch the JazzJamm show in the ballroom at 7:30pm. However, our entree arrived exactly one hour after being seated. That left a half hour to eat the entree, dessert and pay the bill. Silly me paid in cash so waiting for change put me another 15 minutes behind my friends who dashed off to make the 7:30 performance.
Would I do it again? Ummm... maybe if I sat on the other side of the room there might be servers who served. I don't know.

No comments:

Post a Comment