By Java and Dune

Friday, February 25, 2011

EVOS

2631 4th St. No., St. Petersburg, FL. Tel. 727-571-evos

Evos claims to serve fast food that's healthy and, therefore, guilt free. How, you ask? Well, for one thing their hamburgers, chicken and fries are Airbaked (that's with a capital A) instead of deep fried. They don't offer technical explanations for Airbake that I might pass along but that's their spiel. Add to that, no hormones or antibiotics have been added to the beef. Organic milk and real fruit and fruit juices are used in their shakes.
I stopped by yesterday for lunch and had a turkey avocado wrap and a bottle of water, I'm just not into those shakes no matter what they're made of. There was alot of ground turkey in the wrap but I couldn't seem to find the avocado, except for a smooth green buttery substance throughout. Not to say it didn't taste good. With tomatoes and lettuce this generous portion on a spinach wrap totally satisfied my hunger. Just a little more flavor please. It's odd how every supermarket has aisles of herbs and spices but they can be so hard to find in restaurant food.
Anyway, for slightly less than $6 I did feel that I'd just eaten a relatively healthy lunch. Well, the best I could expect that hadn't been prepared by me in my kitchen.


No comments:

Post a Comment